My mother's stuffing recipe got rave reviews at our Thanksgiving feast, so I thought I would share. Just in case, you know, you are feeling like a whole lot of stuffing and turkey.
1 15 ox Arnold stuffing (dried bread with spices. I could only find Pepperidge Farm)
2 eggs, slightly beaten (for some reason the idea of slightly beating something amuses me)
4 med. onions, finely chopped
6 stalks of celery, finely chopped
1/2 stick butter
1 lb. pork sausage, pan fried and drained
1 8 oz can jellied cranberry sauce, beaten thin
1 to 2 cups apple juice
salt and pepper
optional - craisins, toasted chopped pecans
Saute celery and onion in butter. Mix all ingredients except apple juice. Add apple juice, a little at a time, until mixture is damp but not mushy. Salt and pepper to taste.
Bake in covered casserole for 30 minutes at 350.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment