Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Working Mom


I just picked up some contract work. I'm going to be doing some project management/analysis for a company in town that does tele and videoconferencing. I have known the person I am working for a long time, and he's great to work with. I will be doing 12-15 hours a week, about half in the office which is downtown in the Frost building (4th and Congress). Happy hour anyone?

Its really a great situation and I feel pretty blessed. But I'm also nervous. I know I will feel that I'm not doing "enough" for either of my jobs. I am already feeling guilty about taking time away from the girls. And Jessica is not going to be able to stay with them. She's highly in demand and the job came at the bad time for booking her. I found someone else, who was highly recommended by a friend and seems great. But I know I need a few more backups.

Really, the time away is what I would want to keep me sane. But then, when do I work out, run errands and grocery shop? I'm sure all these things will work themselves out. I am just going to need to be organized. After all, there are grocery stores between downtown and home.

Now I have an alternative answer to the "what do you do?" question. Though my primary role is still "mom". And will be for a while (thank God).

2 comments:

BB said...

What a wonderful opportunity - I am proud of you. Nobody does quilt better then I do. It's more about what you are missing - just savor what you get to do.

RG Mama said...

I came over expecting to see a picture of your fab shoes.