Friday, January 28, 2011

I take your rat hand and raise you...


I came outside during our a.m. playdate and three girls were standing still near the tree where Harper was kneeling. Next to a dead squirrel.

J: AAAHHHH! Back away. Don't touch it. Did you touch it?
H: I think I need to wash my hands

(later)
J: How did the squirrel feel?
H: pausing... soft
H: Some squirrels run fast from the dog. I guess this one wasn't so fast.

Later while shoveling the squirrel into a shoebox (something in now way shape or form I would have done unless I had a houseful of kids coming over on a beautiful warm January day) I screamed like a little girl, thoroughly impressing the mom from preschool.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Ugh! At least it was a squirrel and not the dead rat that Theo touched. I can just hear you screaming.