The best conversations happen in the minivan. Most of the kids in Harper and Lucy's class are graduating to Kindergarten, and they are a little in awe of Highland Park (mainly because they serve chocolate chip cookies and chocolate milk at their new student visitation day).
Harper was going on about Audrey, her classmate who would always be one grade ahead, but they would still be friends, even in college.
Me: So, you think you'll go to the same college as Audrey?
H: I don't know, where can I go to college?
Me: There are lots of choices. UVA, William & Mary, Harvard.
H: I think Harvard.
Me: You'll have to work really hard. Get good grades, play the violin, play sports and be the president of the chess club.
H: I want to go to UVA.
Oh my love. Later she said Lucy could go to Harvard. Or Hardvard as we are now calling it. I'm going to have to foster determination in this little lady. Her sister has plenty to go around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment