Sunday, October 12, 2008

Bears Gone Fishin...

Daddy buys some clothes for the girls every now and then. Mommy actually approved of my most recent acquisition.

I have been trying to play some different kinds of music for the girls, but our home "stereo" set-up leaves a lot to be desired - Dell DJ plugged into desktop speakers in the living room. Sorry, I'm an ipod hater - not because it is Apple, but because I don't like the wheel and don't want to be locked into to iTunes, but also maybe for other reasons, like the same one that so many Mac users dislike Microsoft, it's essentially a monopoly, and I do tire of hearing people expound on how great their ipod is, but I digress. I play bluegrass, jazz, alt-country, McMurtry, but also a healthy dose of my beloved jam band music. I try and get them to dance and spin to my favorite songs.

Last night I attended one of my favorites, Widespread Panic, at the Backyard, in it's final season in what was once a serene Hill country locale. Now it is surrounded by a massive monument to consumerism - strip malls, big box stores, tons of paved parking, few trees and a bunch of the same stores that are just a few miles down the road - turning sleepy Bee Caves into the Arboreteum. But, again, I digress. The show was awesome, and I picked up a souvenir for the girls.

We went to the park today, me secretly wishing the whole time we'd run into friends so that I could bask in the compliments of how cool Lucy was. Alas, we didn't run into anybody, so I'll have to try again. Maybe Wed. night at the Farmer's Market in the Triangle after Seattle - though I may have to come home early to dress one of the girls up in it.

Here is Lucy modelling her new digs - talking on the phone while holding Big Puppy.




2 comments:

BB said...

If I am not mistaken - that is the puppy BB gave them???!!! Hopefully, she was talking to BB about all the tricks she has taught Big Puppy!

Happy Home said...

cool chic