Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

A random list of things I am most thankful for:

- My funny, thoughtful and studly husband. Your fathering skills have far surpassed expectations, and I had pretty high expectations.
- My family who add so much to the girls lives, even though we don't get to see you nearly enough. I am so happy we got to see you over the last month on such fun vacations, but I'm missing all of you today.
- My mommy friends. For emotional, and sometimes physical support. I never realized that motherhood would bring so many special, funny, caring people into my life. A happy side effect.
- My pre-children friends. For letting me be more than Mommy. Lifesavers.
- Murdoch. For being so gentle and sweet with the girls. For being my running partner, and floor cleaner. (I would thank the cats, but am still bitter that Angus recently shat in my bathtub)
- My health. I might often disabuse the package, but its been pretty good to me. Giving me the best gift of all...
- Lucy and Harper.
- God (see all above)

2 comments:

Eileen Smith said...

Friends for 23 years. I. Trump.

Cats 1998 said...

thanks mommy. we all can't express how thankful we are to you for everything and me specifically for saying yes four years ago and for Haprer and Lucy two year ago