Thursday, March 3, 2011

San Antonio

Presidents day meant no school, so Ruth (gus and truman)and we decided to take a fied trip to San Antonio. I took it a step further and suggested we go down on Sunday night and stay at Hill Country Hyatt. There was noone there, we got a great rate, the kids got to swim, AND they enthusiastically went into Camp Hyatt. In fact, they told us to go away when we picked them up before they finished their "treasure boxes".




this was pretty amazing. she couldn't reach the bars, but shimmied her way up there and made it all the way across.



The next day we visited the zoo and the Witte Museum. It was a fun day, but whew, exhausting. Not helped by the fact they were up until 10 pm. the night before.

I think the way to go is hit the museums first and then stay and relax at the resort. You care a lot less if someone is grumpy and demanding the 6th snack of the day at the pool than at the rhino exhibit. Plus, there is always Camp Hyatt and a spa for the mommies.

The hippo: only time I've seen one underwater.


Crocodile


Green Mambo


Termites


baby elephant


Feeding parakeets - she was so brave when this one landed on her head. I'm just happy it held itss bowels.


The much anticipated train to nowhere


Exhausted





Celebratory ice cream

No comments: