Today as we were discussing why Daniel's babysitter and not mother (an oncologist) takes him to school every day.
Me: His mommy has a really important job. She helps people that are really sick.
Harper: Oh. So for your job, you just go and listen to what you are supposed to do? (her face said it all, you are lame)
Ouch. She also told the babysitter that I am "kind of old and have lots of molds and freckles." I'm feeling so beautiful and competent. On the flip side I often hear how pretty I am or how cute my outfit is. Lovely.
Meanwhile Lucy has supreme self-confidence. Just yesterday after I told them they would be starting soccer she said "I am so good at soccer. I'm awesome." Keep it up girls, soon iCarly and Hannah Montana mean girls will try to tear you down. Stay strong.
Friday, March 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good girls--get back at your mommy. When your mommy was a preteen she said to Grammy, "When I grow up I don't want to be like you. I want to do something."
Post a Comment