Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Manipulator

So, Harper is resisting her nap. After about 15 minutes of protesting (after I already went in there once to give her some tylenol) I go back in to "reset" the nap. Sitting on my lap, she "shared" her pacifier with me and smiled sweetly. Soooo hard to put her back in her crib and not just hang out at snuggle.

They have been holy terrors today. Two very messy meals with full clothing changes and wipe downs required afterward. One outfit change required after H&L decided that playing in the pet water bowl was hilarious (the other was only wearing a diaper - classy). Being the ever-vigilant mother, I filmed them and their hysterical laughter and splashing each other rather than removing them from the cesspool of animal saliva. I did stop filming when Harper started trying to cup the water into her mouth. I need to figure out how to post the video b/c it was funny. Lucy has taken to opening and closing the door to the nightstand repeatedly, and caught some fingers in it. That particular door has not yet been subjected to Operation Babyproof. Safety first!

They are getting to the point where they need new experiences and entertainment. We were suposed to go to a Stroller Fit class this a.m., which would allow me to exercise and them to be entertained. It rained. Grrrrrr.

Anyone have any ideas for how to entertain two active critters this afternoon? BE videos are only for emergencies

No comments: