Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Mothers Day


Here's a pic of me with my Mom when I was about the girls age. My mother told me that her mother said "I've never seen anyone love a baby so much." I hope the girls know I feel that way about them despite my bad mom moments. Like letting them watch television when I just want a break. Or not watching closely enough to prevent the consumption of a skittle from the changing room bench at swim lessons. Or using bpa-full bottles. And feeding them (on occasion) fast food (today Harper said french fry).

My mom also said that raising her family was the best part of her life. And even with my exhaustion, frustration, spare tire, 1/2ed income, and lack of "important" things to talk about at MBA happy hours, I agree. Being Mommy is good stuff.

Happy (belated, hey I was napping) Mom's Day to all of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...look at that bedspread! Look at the wood paneled walls! Amazing.