Sunday, May 25, 2008

Vocabularies

Its been quite a while since I've done a vocab update. I'm only counting words they say independently, not repeating, which Lucy does all the time, like this;

Mom: I'm putting the milk back in the refrigerator.
Lucy: back rigerator
Mom: Now I'm wiping down the counters.
Lucy: counter.

So here is what I can recall. I'll add to this as I hear them.

Clothing and accessories: shirt, pants, shorts, diaper, socks, shoes, dress, bubble, pocket, coat, kini (bikini), bag, hat, sandal, bow, button, ring, watch, bib.

Food: milk, water, juice, cheese, apple, strawberry, nana (banana), chip, fry (french fry), pasta, puff (pirate booty), cookie, taco, cake, yogurt, dip.

Animals: dog, cat, fish, hippo, duck, pick, cow, dinosaur, bug, mouse, snake, bird, monkey, bear, turtle, butterfly, owl.

Other: hi, bye-bye, no, this, boon (balloon), tree, light, art, box, baby, doll, play doh, paint, paper, tb (tv), stars, chair, swing, jump, one, two, too, uh-oh, boo-boo, hurt, massage, cream, tubby, ponies (as in pony tails), home, inside, outside, slide, pool, ball, cup, top, kick, glasses, turn, hot, cold, book, tap, circle, blanket, potty, poopy, wet, dirty.

Body Parts: knee, elbow, toe, eye, nose, mouth, hair, back, teeth

Vehicles: bus, car, tractor, boat, truck, stroller, waggie (wagon)

Commands: up, down, off, please, go, stop, more, next, hold, help, sit, me (as in me shirt)

People: Momma, Daddy, Harper, Lucy, sister, Elmo, TJ, Leen (eileen), BB, Grammy, Murdoch, Angus, Cookie (cookie monster), Ernie, Bird (big bird), Coco (lovies), Popo (pacifier), Gymbo.

1 comment:

mamak said...

I'm impressed, by all of the words they know, and by your memory of all the words! You forgot the words "Gus" and "Tru" :-) I'm still waiting for "Ruthie" ... keep working on that! :)