Small parts. Everywhere in my house. A new round of borderline choking hazard toys has brought clutter to a whole new level. Curses Mr. Potato Head. With your hoop earring, purse and hook arm (somehow we got the pirate edition, and Lucy can say "pirate"). Damn you baby bath set with your tiny plastic lotion bottle (they also say "lotion", clear as day) and itty bitty rubber duck. And then there are the pull-apart plastic fruits and vegetables. I know I'm going to break my wrist slipping on a plastic 1/2 avocado.
My back aches from bending over and placing tiny plastic into paper bags to transport back to the playroom. Don't you know plastic is bad for your health?



Excuse me. I need to go bag some plastic scrapnel.
4 comments:
My brother uses a rake to corral the plastic at his house. Just rakes it all into a corner. No bending, no stooping. Effective.
toys with parts - belch!
we can't have small parts with holden.
i'm trying to corral train stuff, puzzels and little people in different areas but feel like i'm always sorting and organizing toys.
we have started 'toy rotation' in bins in the garage to limit the amount of toys and just the general jumble of toys.
kitchen stuff sounds fun, but I'm going to hold out at least until we move into the new house.
I feel your pain.. I feel like the only things my kids like are small (cars, trains, puzzles, legos)! If I turn my back for one second they will fill up their little containers with this little sh*t and move it around the house. We do make a fun game out of "organizing" (sorting) this stuff and putting it back.. but it's usually momma that finishes the game. I have learned that the he only way to control this stuff is to move it away from their little hands and have them ask for it if they want to play. but that's not much fun either (and they have learned to climb to get it). sorry for my ramble.. obviously you hit a touchy subject. PS I like the rake idea.
Post a Comment