Monday, April 26, 2010

Bluebonnet Fail 2: The Weeper

BB and Granddaddy were in town this past weekend visiting, and we planned an excursion out of Austin to Horseshoe Bay in Marble Falls. Its a resort on Lake LBJ. We figured the girls would love to see the lake and play in the pools.

Naturally a drive west means more wildflowers. We saw tons on our way out. Less bluebonnets and more indian paintbrush. When we got about 30 miles from Marble Falls our trip was abruptly stopped by a bad accident that had traffic completely stopped. When we saw a car at the front turn around, we decided to do the same and head to Pace Bend park. Where I saw a field of bluebonnets.

So I tried to grab an opportunity. Wind + glaring sun + weeping Lucy resulted in these shots. Not good for many reasons, not least of which is that I'm in them.




No comments: