Thursday, April 15, 2010

Swim Lesson Update

Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do. Sometimes you have to live out your threats. A few weeks ago, I told Lucy she wouldn't get to stay with me at swim lessons in the waiting area. If she wasn't going in, she was going home with the babysitter.

So, she wouldn't go in. And she went home. In her bathing suit and tearful. She fell asleep crying in the doorway of her bedroom.

But guess what. Next time, she went in. I had to hand her to the teacher, and I still do, but at least there is progress. I am not sure how I get past this physical hand off stage. I have to do it every time I leave her. Even with Daddy. Even with the teacher she has had for two years.

At least I can leave.

No comments: