Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bluebonnet Fail

If you live in Central Texas, you are supposed to have bluebonnet pictures. These are pictures of your children, taken every Spring. They should be wearing white dresses and big white bows and should be laughing in a gigantic field of Texas blubonnets - or those lovely red and yellow wildflowers - but mostly bluebonnets.

So a few weeks ago we took a trek out to a flower farm in the hill country. Surely, the bluebonnets would be abundant. All along the highway there were loads of flowers on the side of the roads and people stopped to take pictures. Which seems... risky.

When we get there I was feeling odd. Dizzy and generally out of sorts. A little nauseated. The place was packed. And the flowing fields of bluebonnets were a few clumps under a tree. We snapped our pictures and started making the 1.5 hour drive home. I got increasingly concerned I was dying (drama). Ends up I had some bad vertigo and spent the rest of the time feeling like I was on a carousel, laying in bed, and vomiting.

Here are the pics from our adventure.




Here are our friends successful pics

Kaityln and Brooke



Rowdy Girls - Emme and Ru


I am beside myself with jealousy and am on the hunt for a generous clump of bluebonnets even if I have to stop on the side of Mopac.

1 comment:

TWINkle Moments said...

we have TONS TONS TONS of bluebonnets in the acre lots around our house..we live on a cul-de-sac, so no traffic :) let me know if you want directions