Lucy just said "princess" pointing out that she had the sippy cup adorned with Cinderella, Beauty (and the beast), and Sleeping Beauty. And Harper is trying to get it from her. Throwing a perfectly good Elmo cup on the floor. Princesses better than Elmo? This is trouble.
Today in music I saw a three year old girl in full princess costume and thought, "blech." Is the princess stage inevitable? And what is it all about? Is it a radical interpretation of their sexual identity? I'm a GIRL. I should wear pink and tiaras he is a boy, he likes construction equipment. I don't want to get all Gloria Steinam on them. I think you just ride it out and gently steer them toward soccer and dinosaurs and bugs and dressing up like Star Wars characters.
1 comment:
Will they fight over who gets to be PRINCESS Leia though?
Post a Comment