Wednesday, July 30, 2008

overscheduled?

I'm feeling a bit overscheduled these days. In an effort to "beat the heat" I think I might have signed us up for too much.

Monday
AM: Children's museum or Gymboree open gym (this is optional, but not really, unless I want to negotiate plastic all morning).
PM: Gymnastics

Tuesday
AM: Art
PM: FREE

Wednesday
AM: Jessica comes (ahhh) and they go to storytime
PM: Gymnastics

Thursday
AM: Music
PM: Gymboree open gym or FREE

Friday - FREE

I like to be busy. It keeps us out of the house and entertained and tires us out. But it tires me out too. I also wish it was easier to go to the pool. There are few pools (only extra shallow) where I feel I can manage them. And then there is the preparation. Packing snacks, swim diapers, swimsuit, extra clothes, hats, pool toys, applying suntan lotion. yadda yadda. And then you might get there and the baby pool will be under construction (curse you Northwest Park) or a lifeguard may have decided to not show and they SHUT THE BABY POOL (haul her hungover 16 year old a** to work. do you know what it took for me to get here?).

Forgive me. This heat is making me grumpy.

2 comments:

RG Mama said...

I'm feeling ya. Seems like we're hardly home anymore, but that's a good thing. They're happier. And tired. That is the sum of bliss in my tiny world now.

Happy Home said...

sounds great.

i wish i could get my kids to some activities, especially gymnastics, to burn some energy.

they cannot be inside at home or start going nuts and getting into mischief but how much time can my kids spend in our yard or ramsey park?? in the heat. they come home all beat face and sweaty but they still want to be outside.

they spent lots of time in the that ramsey 'tree house' these days.

we got desparate and took them to chucky cheese on Sunday. they enjoyed it and it was an hour and a half of AC. did i tell you Lily got stuck in the tunnel that runs across the ceiling?

looking forward to fall...