Friday, August 8, 2008

Ahhh, the 90 degree mornings

heading to the park




Its hot.

We head out to the park on some mornings, when I'm feeling brave, but I cut it off at 10:30 these days. My overscheduling helps keep us inside, but I really miss being able to play outside more.

On Thursday I attempted the pool. Lucy would hardly get in, Harper dunked herself twice and they both pooped in their swim diapers.

Sometimes in the afternoons I turn on the fans on our front porch and they color with their chalk. We practice our letters and I swear today Lucy read the Mommy and Daddy I wrote there the other day. Or she just remembered where they were.

chalking



We also like to harass the fish in the fish pond.

4 comments:

BB said...

How clever of you to use the front porch and fans! Fans are cheap - go get a big cheap occilating fan to set out there also - you would have out door air conditioning to play. When does the weather break in south Texas?

BB said...

ps I love the girls outfits - they look adorable. Can't wait to see them for real!!!

Happy Home said...

beautiful dresses. make me go shopping. i think i need an intervention. my kids look like vagabonds.

you will be happy to know that i am getting their hair cut next week.

and jenny, why are all your photos kind of blue lately?

i've thought of the fan thing for the porch, but my kids would climb up and pull it down. i wonder if i could mount it...hmmm

Smooch said...

hmmm, i think its the lens/light outside.

We aren't getting haircuts until after the rest of the kids go back to school - Greg says they look like cavaliers.

Next weekend - tax free holiday - I'll go to the outlets w/ you.