I've booked the 2nd birthday party. I was hesitant to do anything at all. I was imagining potentially dozens of Harpers and Lucys in the house. There is no telling where our plastic will end up.
And they won't remember, or even really know at the time. But then guilt. Feel the need to commemorate. Then I went to another 2nd birthday party. With a bouncy house. And a pinata. There were less than 10 toddlers and it was chaos. And there was food and beverage service provided and cleaned up after. Exhausting. Did I mention it was 106 degrees?
Therefore, I am holding it at Gymboree. They provide the entertainment. They clean up. I bring my children and food. Hooray!
Mark your calendars: September 6th. You only get an invite if you comment below.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Did you ever hear the formula that you only ask as many children as the childs age? So I guess in their case it would be 2+2? Grandaddy Dale and I would like to come at least for a family birthday party! :)
BB: I have heard the rule. Unfortunatley, they are waaaay too popular. Or maybe its just that their Mommy's friends are a bunch of breeders.
I won't disagree with either statement!!! However, I will say that the first real birthday party I had for the boys was after they went to the Lexington School and the rule was that if you asked one in a class to a party you had to include ALL. It was the longest 1 1/2 hours i ever spent. Back then
parents didn't come along with the kids either to help!!!!!!!!
Non-breeder friend here. It will be my first trip to Gymboree. Probably a pretty good birth control method.
AC and child entertainment - what more could you ask for.
BB, Jenny would have to stop hanging out with us multiples moms :)
maybe I can just bring Lily :)
sarah - you may want to call in sick. let's take jenny out for a drink to celebrate.
Post a Comment