
Miss Independent. You like to explore new areas and to do things "myself". You are a little wary of new people, but like to assess the new surroundings yourself as long as you know where Mommy is. You love toys and games and art and become very enraptured in whatever you are doing.
Praise is very important to you. You glow in it. You are a great helper. If you get in trouble it really upsets you.
Sleeping and eating are a necessity to be executed, nothing to be linger over and enjoy. You love french fries. Anything else is sketchy.
You make me laugh everyday. You are developing a repetoire of funny faces and physical comedy. The funny face. The side eyes. Your strange bent over wing walk. Sometimes they are not meant to be funny, but they still are.

You hit all the physical milestones before your sister and are coordinated. I remember I was amazed when you first held your head up. I think you were still in the NICU. You are always running.
You are an adrenaline junkie. You love to be tossed in the air. The higher the better. You love to swim and I am afraid you will jump right in by yourself. You have gone under a few times and gotten a mouthful of water, but it hasn't deterred you in the least.
Your sister can really push your buttons. But you love her. You always want to go wake her up from her nap. And glow when you are finally reunited.
You have enviable long, curled eyelashes and gorgeous blue eyes. It looks like you are going to have long legs. You have Irish-white skin and beautiful dark hair with just a touch of Daddy's curls. Your giggle is the best sound in the world, and I would do just about anything to hear it.

Happy Birthday my beautiful, bright, little nugget.
2 comments:
A really sweet tribute to them both, Jenny. Happy Birthday Harper! Happy Birthday Lucy! You're two precious girls.
I must remark on how similar their personalities are to H's and L's (well, imagine the boyish counterparts). Henry = Lucy and Lucas = Harper. Birth order? Genetics? Amazing.
We're thinking of you guys all day long!
What a special gift for the girls one day. I do see Greg in both of them in different ways. They are such a blessing and two lucky little girls to have you as their mother and Greg as their daddy.
Post a Comment