Wednesday, September 3, 2008

School

Today was our first day of school. Our MDO gradually breaks them in. Today was 45 minutes in the classroom with me and only 1/2 the class. I figured it didn't really count. Until I have to leave. And cry in my car.

They seemed to love the classroom and talk about their teacher, Miss Nooshi. They bathed some dolls (where they got the idea below) served food, played in the sandbox and painted their nails. Hopefully on Friday they won't even care when I leave.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Get used to the crying. I cried every year when you went to nursery school, kindergarten, etc. Cried the most when you went to college. Even cried when you moved to Texas. It's a mom's job.

Jen said...

What school are they going to? How structured is it? Lorenzo has graduated from the baby class and they put him in a class with "older twos" instead of the class with other almost-twos like him. His teacher told me at the open house last night that he was having trouble sitting still on his dot during circle time and that all he wanted to do was play.

Well, yes, because he is a baby! He's not even two! I'm a bit worried that getting scolded for not sitting still will make him hate school forever.

When Leo was this age and younger, he went to the Tom Maher School of Exploration...such a better start in life.

BB said...

Amen Grammy!!! Jenny - get used to the tears and reread my comment about crying over Greg!!!!