A new administration was ushered in yesterday with a solemn, meaningful and inspiring inauguration of Barack Obama. We skipped our weekly library storytime so that we could watch. I also decided to clean the living room while we were watching. So 2 2 year olds + cleaning = I probably missed a lot. But the girls had their own take...
While the motorcade was driving to the Capitol. I pointed out that Barack Obama was in the car.
Harper: Barack Obama come our house?
No, he's not headed up the driveway in a few minutes.
While diginitaries were filing in.
Harper: That Barack Obama? That Barack Obama? (repeat)
No, Tipper Gore is not Barack Obama.
As the Supreme Court filed out
Lucy: They all done with school?
Yes, they do look like they are matriculating. And no, I don't know why Scalia insists on wearing that ridiculous vaticanesque hat. BTW, we don't discuss graduation that much. I think they learned about this from the "dancing" themed Elmo's World where they talk about graduating and then dancing at prom.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment