Sunday, January 4, 2009

Say Wha?

Lately the girls have been saying lots. Mostly, I understand because I was around for the origin of the statement. Sometimes, not so much. But they say it with such certainly. Surely, I must understand them. Nope. Still don't get it.

Tonight in the tub Lucy was laying a bar of plastic baby soap (really, this is going too far. FAKE soap? Insanity) on a blow up tropical fish and saying something that sounded like "wee gan". Many times. The same way. It was very important. She gave me a look. I am clearly an awful person.

Another thing they say on a regular basis is "wee oh, wee oh". Its sort of sireny and said over and over. Its more popular with Harper. The other day in the backseat Lucy looks over and says, "Sister, no more wee oh wee oh". So, it annoys her too, but at least she gets understands what it means.

4 comments:

RG Mama said...

ver' familiar... I finally clued in to a song Roo has been singing for a month. "Aye-aye Oh-Oh!" is actually "I'm a little airplane, nyow, nyow." Oh, and wickypop is a sticky lolly pop. That one took me an hour to figure out.

Rachel Burke said...

Hmm, maybe she's saying "wagon?" Like the fish is giving the fake soap a wagon ride? Wow, that's a sentence I never thought I'd ever type. : )

Donna said...

Do you ever ask one of the girls to comment on (or explain to you) what the other one said? Maybe that's not a good idea--clearly they'd know you didn't get it.

Smooch said...

Sometimes they will translate. Lucy's enunciation is slightly better and will tell me what Harper is saying. I don't think even they know what "wee oh wee oh" means. Last night Greg asked Harper if it was just something she said and she nodded.