This morning I entered the girls room as usual but something was different. Harper was already on the changing table. I'm a little groggy, but pretty sure I didn't do it. I get a little closer (quickly) and she exclaims, "I do it myself!"
I had her show me (recreate) how she did this.
And some of you were wondering what Lucy was doing during this. If you know her well, you might suspect that she was narcing on her sister. But the L Muffin likes her sleep. She was snuggled up cozy in her blankets sucking her thumb and petting coco (lovie).
So here are my alternative as I see it.
A. Move the furniture. They can both get out of their cribs, but don't really choose to do so. Maybe pulling onto the changing table is just irresistable.
B. Crib tents. Ugh. But then I need to figure out how those things work, and they arent' the most attractive thing in the world
C. New beds. Its going to happen eventually, but I am not sure if I should do:
1. toddler beds. Our cribs don't convert so we would need new ones. They are small things, so these might last a little longer than they would for other kids. And the room is small, so this is attractive, BUT I won't be able to get into the bed with them, meaning we'll probably need to hang onto the loveseat rocker which is no small piece of furniture itself.
2. Big girl beds. Will be expensive. Will need new beds, mattresses, bedrails and bedding. Bute we can use it to read/cuddle before bed. I could also do just mattresses on the floor and worry about the railings and bedframes later, but wonder if the room will just become a giant trampoline.
Any words of wisdom/warning out there?
3 comments:
I suggest making them outside babies and having them sleep under the picnic table in the backyard. Just make sure you pay enough attention to them to keep them from going feral.
this story made me laugh....pretty much EXACTLY what happened at our house :) we tried moving their cribs to the center of the room but since they had already figured out that they COULD get out, they did, and wilson ended up falling out of his crib, so we decided to just to toddler beds. like you, their room is on the smaller side, plus we also have small kids so we figured they would be in them for a bit longer. the transistion wasn't bad AT ALL (or maybe i am blocking it out??) really bedtime was no different, naps on the other hand...well we had a few days with no naps, but after about a week, they figured out that i meant business when it came to naps. i also agree with ya, it would be nice to have them in big beds, but their room couldn't fit two twin beds and a their dresser, so we just went with the toddler beds. hope what ever you guys decide, they transistion well for you!!!
Have you thought about a trundle?
The boys had a trundle and it gave
them a ton of room and they thought it was great to sleep in the drawer!!!!
Post a Comment