Thursday, October 25, 2007

Fuzzy Math

Total Sales from AMOM sale: $237.50
AMOM fee: $23.75
Rack fee: $5.00

Check total: $208.75

Babysitting expenses (to work sale prep): $60
Red shirt to work: $18
Travel/meter: $15
Pins, index cards: $3

Reimbursement for the remaining fees from MBF after cancelling my membership: $24

So, in hard costs, I cleared about $136.


Let's look at it from a time value of money standpoint.

Estimated hours worked: 12

Let's say a marketing consultant bills roughly $75/hr and assume I could actually get a project. Basically I lost $836.

I worked mostly to get first crack at the stuff for sale, and then didn't get that much stuff. I think its only worth it if you have a ton of stuff for sale. The larger items I could have craigslisted, and ebayed or consigned the clothes.

2 comments:

Happy Home said...

look at the bright side, you funded your dr. pepper habit for almost three months...or your ebay habit for a week.

GrammaG said...

After reading your analysis of the cost effectiveness of the Big sale I am convinced you could easily find a consulting position for $75.00 an hour IF you wanted one! Then you would have to factor in child care etc.You would also have an opportunity to wear all of the high heels the girls love.