Monday, October 8, 2007

I Heart Ebay

I have a new pastime. Its called eBay. Sure, I've known about eBay for years, and considered using it to rid of various items in our house. I have never previously bought anything on eBay. I tried to find used strollers when I was pregnant, but the shipping was always so much, and it was one of those things I wanted to see in person.

Here is why I think eBay is perfect for shopping for baby clothes:

1. I hate paying retail for clothes. They don't wear them that long. I like cute, name brand clothes. That is why I shop sales and consignment.
2. I don't have to leave the house.
3. Endless selection. Girls outfits 12-18 months, Gymboree brand - 808 listings come up.
4. I love getting packages. My love of packages began when I started getting wedding gifts. Bedrest also made me love mail time. Especially catalogs. Sad.

There are caveats of course. It doesn't make sense to pay $4 for a onesie, and $4 shipping. I have been shopping the pricier items (coats, shoes) or multiple outfits from the same seller.

Of course, I have only gotten two raincoats and a winter coat so far, we'll have to see how this all pans out. I am loving Gymboree though. I haven't shopped there much because I thought it was too pricey and I don't like their stuff in the stores right now, but the stuff from LAST fall is adorable.

Surprise find today - my fantasy diaper bag I wanted last winter that cost over $400 new is listed on eBay for just over $100 (so far). I would tell you what it is, but I don't want you to outbid me.

No comments: