
I won StrollerFit "mom of the month." Before you get too excited and think WOW you must be totally buff, when the owner told me that I received the honor she said "well, you've been going." Showing up is half the battle. Not the best picture of us all, squirmy girls and sweaty mom (taken post workout). At least H&L have the good manners to cover me up.
I have been catching some episodes of I Want to Look Like a High School Cheerleader Again. A couple months ago a friend sent me the call for overweight ex-cheerleaders. I sent in my info. I didn't get the initial call, but I guess they were looking for a second round and I got an email. They wanted a bikini shot, and to do a phone interview with you that you videotaped. I thought it would be fun and a great way to whip myself back into shape, but I would have had to leave the girls for 6 weeks, so I never followed through. There was a woman on the show who had a 10 month old. They don't let you talk to your family, she had to win a call back home by winning an agility challenge. I started tearing up when she was talking about how she worried about missing her take her first steps. Some things are more important than $50k and a flat stomach.
this was the write up:
Congratulations to JENNY BURKE, November's Mom of the Month!
Jenny is amazing! She is a busy mommy with twin baby girls, but she still finds the time to stay fit. She is an inspiration to the moms at Town Lake. Get to know Jenny...
How many kids do you have & what are their ages? 2 age 14 months
How long have you been attending StrollerFit? almost 5 months
What are your fitness goals? be strong, have energy and lose baby bulges.
What do you you and your kids like about StrollerFit? I love meeting other moms, and showing my girls that exercise is fun.
What would you tell your friends about StrollerFit? It's a great way to do exercises you wouldn't (at least I wouldn't) without a little nudge.
4 comments:
Fantastic and amazing . . . Congratulations!
You go girl! I am very proud of you. BB
Wow! You're a star! Does that mean the press will start hounding me because I'm your mom?
The perfect attendance award. Nice. "You're all winners."
Post a Comment