Thursday, November 29, 2007

Shoplifter

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I have thought (evily) that it would be easy to shoplift with the double stroller. Lots of storage and distractingly cute foils to blame it on. Today Harper stole an Old Navy sweatshirt.

When I held it up and said, "do you like this?" she screamed in agreement, so I let her hold it. I met another twin mom there (who btw had 18 month old twins and was rail thin. and she was sweet. hate.) and got into conversation with her in line.

I completely forgot about the sweatshirt and it was out of my line of sight. I'm sure the cashier could have seen it. I even got the hanger that Lucy was holding and gave it back to her, but didn't realize the sweater was snagged until I got to the car (this was after backing the stroller out the double doors, crossing two parking lots, and weaving through packages from a store unloading their christmas stock). Needless to say, I didn't want to go back.

What would you have done? My current plan - I've cut the price tag and put it in my wallet on top of my BR credit card and I'll just "buy" it the next time I go to Old Navy.

The booty

3 comments:

Smooch said...

I forgot to mention. I'm not 100% I wasn't charged. I don't think I was, but she gave me a gift receipt with no itemization.

Donna said...

You did that once when you were a toddler. Stuffed a bunch of scarves into our shopping bag. But I caught it before we left the store. Lucky for you--toddlers don't do well in prison.

Eileen Smith said...

You stole your way through high school.