Friday, November 9, 2007

Playscape: no escape for Momma





Meet our new playscape. We bought this secondhand from another twin mom for $25. It seemed like a good idea, one can swing while the other climbs and plays on the slide. I thought I could lounge with a glass iced tea while they amused themselves. The problem is, they want to get on the swing together. Or fling themselves over the top of the swing as Lucy did about 10 seconds after the above picture was taken. I think a cube/slide or an outdoor playhouse would be a much safer/sanity saving investment.

Now that they are afoot, going to the playground is a full-on spotting exercise. Lucy prefers to climb diligently (often walking on her knees) to the highest point on they playground. Harper likes to take the stairs and go headfirst down the slide. Which she is actually quite good at. There have been a few incidents, though. Lucy tries to go down on the slide on her knees, and I have caught her mid-air. They are fearless monkies which is good, but scary for Momma. I need a clone.

No comments: