We went to the Children's Museum this morning. Monday mornings are dedicated to children under 3, which makes it much more manageable. They also have storytime, music time and special toddler-specific activities. Its great for a rainy, cold day like today. And probably the sweltering hot ones too.
Harper dropped the bomb before music, so I had to go change her. She pointed to my diaper bag and started in with the "nyummy nyumm". I dug around and found a bag of goldfish. I opened it and offered her a few. She would NOT take the goldfish, she clearly wanted to hold the bag. I tried my love and logic techniques, telling her she could have the goldfish I gave her or no snack. I said if she kept crying we would have to remove ourselves. We did. Lucy kept peering around for me (she was with Grammy). What did I do? Relent.
Harper was happily holding her goldfish bag in the middle of music circle. The only baby with a snack. Then it happened. Some of the goldfish hit the floor. A kid got one. The volunteer SWAT team rushed in and removed the offending item from the child's hand and another mom ran to rescue her child from my child's gluten-full, non-organic, HFCS snack. I scooped up the goldfish and Harper, and left not long after. Shamed.
Am I a terrible person? Is this really such a big deal? It wasn't like it was peanut butter. Or human feces.
Monday, March 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment