I am going to start posting recipes that are easy and work for kids. Tonight I made this Rachel Ray stoup (stewy soup). Great for a cold day.
2 TBS EVOO
4 celery ribs - chopped
2 med. onions - chopped
2 medium carrots - chopped
1.5 - 2 store bough shredded carrots
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper
6 cups chicken stock
1 pound ground chicken (I used turkey)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 egg
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1 package fresh gnocchi
1 cup frozen peas
crusty garlic bread for mopping
Heat the EVOO in a soup pot over medium to medium-hight heat. Add the veggies, sason with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Add the stock, cover and bring to a gentle boil.
While the stock heats, place the chicken in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic, nutmeg, egg, bread crumbs, and cheese. Combine the mixture and roll into walnut-size meatballs and add to the soup. Cook for 2-4 minutes, then add the gnocchi to the pot and cook for 5 minutes longer, or until they float. Add the peas and cook for 2 minutes longer. Turn the heat off and allow it to stand for 5 minutes to cool and thicken. We had with crusty garlic bread and a salad. Yummy.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This was delicious! I wish my boys had enjoyed it as much as the girls did!
thanks, i've been itching to make dumplings. sounds good. i'll try it and report back.
now to go check on non-sleeping toddlers running around their room...
I'm making this tonight. Thank you for the inspiration.
Post a Comment