Saturday, January 31, 2009

Knot Necessary

I have a current girls clothes obsession. Knot dresses. I came across a new favorite designer Matilda Jane in eBay (where else?)

Old fashioned. Dear. Funky. Versatile. Maybe slightly over the top with the ruffle pants if say, you're just going to the park and Randall's, but I'm still obsessed. Of course, even on eBay, they are going in the $40s - $60s which is beyond my paygrade. So, then I checked out Etsy. More adorableness. How hard can this be for me to do myself? So, I decided I'm going to buy one and then learn how to sew. I've SEWN before, but, like a pillow, with an instructor right there. Oh, and I don't have a sewing machine. But I love fabric, and getting involved/lost in a project. And I love the clothes.

Wouldn't Harper and Lucy fill these out nicely?


Matilda Jane knot dress

5 comments:

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

Oh my gosh, these are precious! Vivi has to have one. If you start sewing these let me know. That is, once you get the machine! Love it

RG Mama said...

I can't wait to see what you turn out!

TWINkle Moments said...

ohhh i have been eyeing those dresses too!!! i also thought that they would be pretty easy to make. and i have been on a sewing kick here, you are more than welcome to come and use my machine if you want :)

Donna said...

Find me a pattern--I'll sew some for them.

Miranda and Roger said...

LOVE the knot dress!!!