Monday, February 9, 2009

Cooking babies

The other day the girls were doing the normal shuttling of toys between their playroom and their room and I was in the kitchen. They were getting me to round up all the baby dolls I could find and I asked, "How many babies do you need?" Harper thought about it and then answered, "Two." Guess that makes sense. Good enough for mommy. At least she wasn't going for Octuplets or something.

Then I went to check to see what Lucy was doing with her cache of babies. "My cooking babies!" she told me gleefully. Offputting.





Shortly after this, she declared "they done!" but then pulled out a wood cookie, not a roasted newborn.

3 comments:

RG Mama said...

LOL! My girlfriend w/ 4yo twins had a spell (around this age) of nuking doll babies in toy microwaves. We joked that maybe her girls remembered their isolette/NICU days.

Donna said...

Lucy has a look on her face that's almost diabolical.

Cats 1998 said...

i love her hands at her side so straight.