Monday, February 23, 2009

Museo Do Over

Our expedition to the Children's Museum was a much improvement over last week. [Note: do NOT go to Baby Bloomer's on a holiday. It. was. packed. There was a line outside almost to the corner. And the girls decided to go strollerless. When I told them we weren't going in because all of the people, there was crying. Now, I am used to crying. But for some reason, crying because they wanted to go to the museum broke my heart. I only got them to leave by promising "cookies ice cream". Whatever that is.]

Today as we approached they happily noted "there no all the people." Whew. Our friends Brooke and Kaitlyn were there, happy surprise. They were meeting 2 other sets of 2-something twins. They had a new feature at BB, the Spanish storytime/songtime. The girls were a little overwhelmed, but seemed to like to talk about "colores".

We all packed up and headed to McDonalds. My only experience with the McDs playscape scene was on our roadtrip to Florida, when I deemed it a menace. Its three stories high and you can't see what is going on in there. A toddler could be lost forever in the nooks up there, and its doubtful I would be able to get myself up the tunnel without getting stuck myself. And then I heard a story from my SIL that niecey DID require rescuing from such a situation. So, I forbade them to climb up in there. One day...

Instead they pretended to sleep in the low tunnel.



And then acted like clowns on the picnic tables. Just what you want, your kid putting their face on the picnic table at the McDonalds's play area.

1 comment:

Angie said...

It was so much fun to run into y'all and play! The pics crack me up!! I'm sure they will all be sick in a few days!