They sort of ate it. Greg and I found it delicious. Rachel Ray recipe...
2 TBS EVOO
1 lb ground turkey breast
16 tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed thoroughly, coarsely chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 jalapeno seeded and chopped (I skipped this)
zest and jice of 1 lime
1 TBS cumin
salt and peppper
1 cup chicken stock
2 small ripe hass avocados
4 crusty rolls
1/2 red onion
2 tomoatoes
Place a large skillet over med-high heat and add the EVOO. When its hot, add the turkey and get aggressive breaking it up. White the turkey is browning, place the tomatillos in a food processor and pulse to a coarse puree. Add the tomatillos to the browned trkey along with the onions, garlic and jalapeno and season with the lime zest, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes and then add the stock and simmer for 5 minutes more.
While everything is simmering, use a fork to mash the avocados with the lime juice.
Toast the buns. Spoon turkey filling onto each bun. top w/ red onion and tomato and slather the bun tops with the mashed avacado.
Yummm.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
thanks for sharing, sounds delicious
we had baked salmon w/ a bit of olive oil and a side of sliced avocado and tomato, doesn't get much easier than that.
the kids ate half mine as their second dinner. funny how whatever is on mom and dad's plate is good. will says 'i like it mommy!'
I served ziti and ground turkey meat sauce the other night. Roo acted as if I was trying to poison her. Em finally ate it when I offered her bites from my plate and my fork. Insane.
Post a Comment