The Mask of Motherhood: How Becoming a Mother Changes Our Lives and Why We Never Talk About It.
The Yummy Mummy
Mommy's Locked in the Bathroom: Surviving Your Child's Early Years with Your Sanity and Salvation Intact!
Sometimes its all just too much. When I was pregnant, every friend who was done having kids sent me the pregnancy and breastfeeding books, which I read voraciously. I NEEDED to know this stuff. I don't know if the reading helped or not, but the thought of having to put that sort of research into BEING a mom is exhausting.
I do enjoy the book, but I don't feel like its much of a break. I prefer to escape than revel in my motherhood. I think I'll wait it out until I need to figure out how to outsmart toddlers. Anyone have any good toddler discipline/manipulation book recommendations?
No comments:
Post a Comment