Sunday, August 19, 2007

Unsubscribe

I don't know what is in the water, or if everyone is just on the same cycle, but there has been Mamma Drama lately in my mommy listservs.

In a discussion around having a lot of kids in the family and getting reaction from strangers, one woman wrote this on the Mothers of Multiples group...

As for 3 vs 4 kids - IMO - I'd have 4 ANY DAY b/f I'd have 3. W/ three
there is always an odd man out, three of anything is hard. Prisons, behavioral
homes, etc. actually group kids in 3's to discourage closeness b/t two AND...
b/c where 2 can always keep a secret - 3 cannot. Someone is always odd man
out and tells. I found this VERY interesting.

While some families w/ 3 do fine - in my exp. most don't. My niece will
tell you - having 3 kids should be OUTLAWED - she was the last of 3. The first
two were VERY close b/g, she was ALWAYS left out. When I work w/ families of
3 I see such difficulties... for developmental reasons of the children and
for family harmony I'd NEVER have 3 or 5 or 7...as the numbers get higher...
I'm not sure it matters much anymore but from 3 -5 I do see difficulties (of
course.. how many families of 3 or 4 or more do we really see these days to
compare??).


This to a group of people with twins or triplets. Very likely that many people have three kids and intend to keep it that way. Someone points it out to her and suggests she think about how she words things. Then the defender swoops in and part of what she says is

What..are we now JUDGE & JURY!!?


What is with the ALL CAPS? Then I get an advisory that we should all fight fair, and should not use cuss words. Well, shit.

My other Meetup group. The woman sent an email asking people to RSVP to events because apparently the "South Austin" moms (have been complaining about no close events, but when she plannned some there, noone RSVP'd. Gasp. Horror. It ended with two people quitting and accussing the Organizer of having a "litmus test" to select Assistant Organizers. This just proves you can't trust a South Austin mom.

When did I return to 6th grade? Is this preparing me for mothering teenagers?

2 comments:

Eileen Smith said...

You must stay away from the crazies.

Happy Home said...

outlawed!

these mom fights are like a bad carwreck, they are awful but it is hard to tear yourself away.