Sunday, March 2, 2008

Civic Doody



After getting multiple guilt trips from Auntie Pink Lady, I decided to pack the girls up and go vote in the primary. On the last day of early voting. On Friday afternoon. I went to the local state office and immediately turned around. People were parked along the curb in non-parking spots. There was chaos in the turn lane. Where was I, Central Market? I packed it in and headed to (shudder) Highland Mall. Highland Mall used to be where I shopped - Banana Republic, J. Crew, Ann Taylor. Gone. Gone. Gone. Now it has Rave, PacSun, EXTE, and Forever 21. The mall of disposable clothing.

The voting booths were set up by a particular gem called Animaland (what happened to the other l?)which looked to me to be a knock-off Build-a-Bear. I got a pretty good look while I waiting in line for 15-20 minutes. But we got the job done. And I didn't buy anything. Besides almost leaving my license, it went off without a hitch. Nobody even pooped. And in the next week, I get to have a second encounter with local government - my license renewal.

1 comment:

Smooch said...

these are "new" white items. ask me in a few weeks. BTW, I have an off-white sweatshirt. Everytime I wear it I get ketchup on the sleeve.