Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Croc

It was love at first sight. Another toddler left their crocs at our house and Harper and Lucy were obsessed. They carried them around and tried to put them on their feet.

Personally, I think crocs are hideous. I don't care if they are comfortable. They are not meant to be worn outside of your garden. I first saw them several years ago on a hipster acquaintance of mine. Ugh. Are THOSE the newest thing? Now they are all the rage in the preschool set. I think toddlers think they are toys, and they can "do myself". Moms like them because toddlers can put them on themselves. I hate them because toddlers can put them on themselves. Lucy will shed whatever shoes and socks she is wearing and put them on. Sometimes one purple, one pink (she says "pink shoe" btw), sometimes on the wrong foot.

I thought they would make good mucking in the backyard/pool shoes so I got 2 pairs. Three pairs actually - two are real crocs, and one are the knock-offs from Target. The knock-offs are hot pink, and the favorites. This morning we were going to music class where they have to take off their shoes, and Lucy already had her crocs on, so I went and got another pair for Harper. Big problem. Lucy went into hysterics. "MY SHOE!" She was crawling and pawing at them. Full on tantrum.

All the crocs are in timeout in a shopping bag in the pantry. I plan to use them judiciously as bribes.

The offending footwear


After "MY SHOE"

4 comments:

RG Mama said...

I just bought some knock-offs for Em and Roo for MDO and backyardigan time. They are OBSESSED, too. Roo slept with a shoe today at nap. Weird.

Smooch said...

I forgot to mention... Lucy likes to sleep in hers. The crocs are still in time out.

Rachel Burke said...

that's funny! Scrubby is growing out of hers. We went to try on new ones of the exact style while she was still wearing her originals. She hated the new ones which were exactly the same, just fit better. She wouldn't even let me put them on and screamed for her old ones while in the store. I'll have to switch them at night. Apparently you can return the crocs they grow out of and the company will send them to Africa for kids there.

https://crownmadeclothing.com/ said...

I agree- they are hideous. I finally bought some knock-offs for Bea but she just cannot get the hang of walking in them. Oh well. :)