We celebrated a bit yesterday with a family trip to the Austin Zoo.
The girls really seemed to like it. Favorites were the monkeys, parrots (they got to make loud squawking parrot noises) and feeding the goats. Harper would dole out one piece of kibble at a time and tried to hit all the goats. She didn't like to give any one goat more than one kibble. Finally, I was holding her and a goat caught the whole bag. I was relieved. Though it caused a bit of a butting ruckus. And I think they ate the bag as well as the kibble. It kind of reminded me of the girls fighting over snacks.
before the bag incident
Lucy was a little frightened of the tiger. But sh*t those things are big. And close. I am used to the National Zoo where the lions and tigers are below you, far away and usually sleeping. We walked next to a female lion who was standing up. And let me tell you. They are big. L&H would be like a jalapeno popper to those guys. I got to see the lions roar really close up though. H&L didn't make it. Mainly because I ran from the family from the parrot display to catch the action.
Last night we got a sitter and went out for a grown up, civilized dinner. I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself. I kept trying to clean Greg's hands with diaper wipes and cajole Auntie Eileen into eating more chicken.
Today we went over to friends for a fun BBQ, where the girls got a taste of one of Daddy's (and mommy's) faves - chocolate peanutbutter icecream cake from Baskin Robbins. I hit the BK hard when I was preggers. CPB was #1, with Jamoca Almond Fudge a close second.
Harper wearing UVA gear (and showing her funny face) in honor of Daddy's B-day.
2 comments:
Well that should have made daddy's day!!! What a cute little "Hoo".
Best birthday ever! (Daddy comment)
Post a Comment