Monday, April 21, 2008

A New Day Has Dawned

I was hanging with Harper in her room on Sunday after she awoke from her 30 minute nap. Hoping she might find me boring enough to want to go back to sleep - yeah right, nice try Daaddie. As I lay on the floor trying to ignore her antics, she walked over to the bedroom door, reached up on her tippy toes and pulled on the door handle. This is something I have seen before, but she never had the coordination to reach, pull down the handle and move out of the way to pull the door open. All that changed Sunday. She pulled down and stepped out of the way, the door opened 6 inches, then she looked at me, smiled and gave quite a giggle. I tried to pretend like it wasn't a huge accomplishment as she tittered out the door. Times they are a changing.

1 comment:

Smooch said...

And today she opened the pantry door in order to select her own snack (probably dog kibble). I said "shut that door." And she did, verrry slooowly.