Thursday, February 26, 2009

Its Just Lunch

The context used to be a dating service. Now its one of my mantras.

I think I may have hit a new Mommy low. The other night I had an anxiety dream about making lunches for the girls to take to school. I had made peanut butter and honey sandwiches, but then I realized the school is nut free.

The thing about lunch. A professional child care provider is looking at what you pack. There is pressure to pack something healthy, balanced, in the right amount, and packed in an environmentally-conscious manner. And no nut butter. Its hard to figure the amount since what they will or won't eat and how much of it they will eat varies on an hourly basis. I heard Ms. Nooshi tell another Mom that she needed to pack more. Horrors.

On Fridays they bring in pizza. I'll sleep well tonight.

lunch

1 comment:

https://crownmadeclothing.com/ said...

well, I guess that is one good thing about living in a small town- they are not so anal about what I put in Bea's lunch! At first I felt guilty about sometimes packing Lunchables, but then remembered I'm not in Austin anymore and no one is judging me for it. :)