Friday, March 27, 2009

"Naptime"

Naps remain elusive in Casa Blanca.

The only success I have had is if I lay down in the guest bed with one, leaving the other crying and locked in the room. When the one in the guest bed nods off, I can go into their room and lay with second child until she relaxes.

It kind of sucks. I start to wonder if its worth the effort. Lately, I have just been putting a movie on and hope they will at least relax their brains and at most nod off.

movie nap


But, ohhhh, they need that nap. Today when I went to pick up Harper at school she was having a fit and they said she had just been laying down. Surely, I thought, naps would work today. Alas, just two extremely grumpuses this afternoon, who refused to eat dinner because they wanted "somefing else"and are now being put to bed. At 6:20 pm. We have two birthday parties tomorrow, so I really need them to catch up on sleep. And so do I. After a back to back late night bible study and book club, I'm zonked.

No comments: