Thursday, March 5, 2009

Scotch tape salvation

They ripped the bible. I heard the wretched noise of paper tearing and an "uh oh!" from them. I yelled (which is probably not what you should do when your children are reading the bible). And took the bible away. They knew to be gentle with the pages. And then I looked at what they ripped. The page of Eve taking the apple from the serpent. Poetic.

Eve and that darned apple, God casting us from the garden. Its been downhill ever since. Until... redemption. Which in this case came in the form of scotch tape.



While I was taping, Lucy loaded a program onto my notebook.

4 comments:

Rachel Burke said...

This is too adorable and funny...and so true. I wish I could tear out that page too girls. Way to use it as an illustration Jenny. Oh Auntie loves that they are wrestling with their bible. : ) xoxox

Rachel Burke said...

Oh, and Lucy left her mark on my computer too. I almost didn't want to fix it because every time I logged on it came to page uuuuuuurrrrr.nnnmmmmmmuuuyyyy
and made me think of her. Little programmer has a bright future.

Donna said...

Maybe she didn't like Eve's implied nudity. Or she was afraid of the snake.

Smooch said...

I think they just hate sin. They want a do-over.