As a Dad he had to worry about things like if we were being responsible, paying for college and making sure we were drinking plenty of liquids. As a granddad he could have just had fun with them. I am so sorry that they will miss that.
Though as my daughters grow and get personalities, I see more of him in them. I see him in Harper's Irish eyes and in Lucy's sociabile desire to be the life of the party. In Lucy's determination and Harper's unrestrained laughter.
Though they will not get to meet Grandpa Burke, they have what I had. A wonderful Daddy who loves them, protects them, and make them laugh.
John Burke

Me with my Dad about the same age as the girls
1 comment:
How nicely said. I'm sorry that your Dad didn't have a chance to meet his adorable granddaughters. It sounds like you both would have enjoyed it emmensely. Glad that bits of him are being carried on through the girls.
I wish my grandparents had been able to meet our babies. They would have loved it.
Post a Comment