Sunday, February 3, 2008

Down

I was pretty much down for the count last week. It started Sunday night with an irritating cough. Felt pretty much like allergies, and Cedar was high, but by Tuesday it was really kicking my butt. 102 Fever, sore throat, earache, headache, stuffy nose, runny nose, cough, nausea. On Wednesday I went to the doctor, spent $70 (she is no longer accepting my insurance) to tell me that I have a virus and should take sudafed and mucinex dm. Oh, and I don't have the flu. Have you had a flu test? I would rather have 8 flu shots. Really. They stick a swab WAY up your nose. I think into your brain. It took me a good couple of hours to stop feeling it.

I have been sick enough this winter. My employers have said no more sick days. Being sick is downright depressing. I've felt like a useless sack with folded laundry sitting in my closet for a week, unvacuumed rugs and unplucked eyebrows. I'm a mess.

Harper had a fever for a day and they both still have runny noses. Harper was miserable for a little while, but bounced back a lot sooner than Mommy.

No comments: