Monday, February 25, 2008

Twinkletoes and monobrows


Yesterday we had the windows open, and it must have been in the 80s with a beautiful Spring breeze blowing into the house. The girls were barefoot and their toes were just screaming out for Spring pedicures. Now, I'm not a girly cosmetic girl. I myself haven't had a pedicure in eons.

But, they were very cute and I taught them how to blow on their toes. They didn't even smudge (who can really tell w/ such tiny toenails) which is something I can't manage 1/2 of the time with my own pedis.

This got me thinking. What is the appropriate amount of grooming for an 18 month old? As far as I'm concerned, it should be purely functional. Ponytails to keep their vision clear, fingernails and toenails clipped to not scratch me, and hairwashings as needed.

But here's the thing. Harper has a monobrow. My beautiful,darling, perfect child has these hairs between her brows (I blame her father). I am torn about whether to wax/pluck. Put aside the logistics and tantrum that will inevitably ensue - she is a wild child who hates to stop to have a diaper change, much less a spa treatment. It just seems wrong. But I am the person who used to pull hairs out of my leg. I come at Greg with tweezers. I have a compulsion to remove errant hairs.

I've decided to back away from the tweezers. For now anyway.



2 comments:

BB said...

This is the most adorable photo. I love Lucy blowing her toes dry and the one of Harper with her daddy asleep in the background is just too precious.

Eileen Smith said...

I'm calling child protective services.