Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Mom sues when IVF brings twins

An Australian woman is suing her embryologist for implanting two embryos when she only wanted one. The amount for raising the "extra" fraternal twin girl until age 21? $332,000.

I see the point of being upset at the doctor for disregarding your request for one, but I don't think they have that anywhere in writing. Right up until implantation time, they were asking me if I wanted to put two or THREE in. No offense to Team Freas or Sharp Trips. But her reaction? She's upset about having to shop for a double stroller? Poor thing.

2 comments:

Happy Home said...

no offense taken, but does she really think a bit over $300k is going to cut it...for a girl. has she seen all the cute clothes and shoes out there??

Smooch said...

That's what I was thinking... I think I've spend at least 10% of that this first year.