Thursday, September 6, 2007

misDirect Marketing



Yesterday I received this catalog children's outfitter Papo d' Anjo. The cover featured a sandy blonde boy who's hair is a little too long, but deliberately so. It is a mix of outdoorsy and charm, standng next to an old fashioned log wagon. All I could think of was "how the heck did I get on this list?"

I opened the catalog and saw many more attractive white children (boys all with shaggy hair). The clothes are exquisite. Seriously, though. Who is buying $189 cashmere sweaters for their kids who eat cheerios off the floor and like to touch their own poop? People who consider Janie and Jack playclothes. And will they please adopt me?

If anyone is interested in what Papo d'Anjo means... its literal translation is "tummy of an angel", the name given to a delicious little cake that is apparently made of 100% egg and topped with a sweet sauce.

If I buy the cashmere, will they be as sweet as an egg cake?

1 comment:

Eileen Smith said...

I'm glad there's so much diversity in the catalog. But then, we all know only white kids can afford those clothes.